Tel: 00 44 (0)141 331 3679 / email: r.o.ansell @gcal.ac.uk
The chemical sciences area carries out teaching, research and consultancy in the areas of chemistry, analytical chemistry and forensic science.
Areas of Excellence:
- Analytical chemistry and applied analytical chemistry.
- Fluorescence and uv visible spectroscopy.
- Chromatographic techniques: gas chromatography and high performance liquid chromatography both with conventional and mass spectrometric detectors.
- Advanced microscopies; optical, scanning electron and atomic force microscopy
- Investigative spectrometry of Porphyrins
Courses within Subject group:
- BSc(Hons) Forensic Investigation.
- MSc Forensic Biological and Chemical Analysis
Academic Staff List:
- BSc(Hons) Forensic Investigation is approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry
- FMC Technologies – oil industry related KTP projects.
- Mahle Engine systems, Highland Colour Coaters. Investigation of manufacturing processes.(KTP projects)
- PILLS European funded collaborative project involving analytical techniques for measuring pharmaceuticals in hospital waste.
- BATFARM European funded collaborative project on the air quality of farms.
- CAMAS: in house analytical and microscopy consultancy.
Graduate opportunities for successful graduates include wide range of work related to chemical and forensic analysis. The undergraduate programme has study abroad options.