Members of the University may use personal information for management, administration, research, etc, but must ensure that they conform to the University's Data Protection guidelines.
The University has developed a training module for Data Protection which the Executive have agreed all staff should undertake.
Information on Data Protection and University guidelines and procedures can be found at:
- Data Protection notification registration number is Z5761620
- Download the Date Protection Guidelines
- Download our guide to Writing References Guidance
- Information on Research Activities
- Download our Photography guidelines
- Read our guidelines on Retention of Information guidelines
- The ICO guidance on transferring data outside the EEA
- Download our guidelines on the collection of personal data
- See a typical Sample Police form
- Contact Information Management and Compliance for template Data Sharing Agreements
- Advice on dealing with enquiries
- Read our Fair Processing Notice for Students
- See our Staff Privacy Notice
- Read our Guidance for staff and students on recording events including lectures, tutorials and meetings
- See our Procedures for sharing personal information within the University
- Read GCU's Office Information Security Guidelines
Information Classification and Handling Policy
The University has developed an Information Classification and Handling Policy to ensure that information is handled according to the risk or impact to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the appropriate handling of all formats of information by establishing a University-wide system of categorising information in relation to its sensitivity. The Policy also defines rules for the handling of each category of information.
Information security incidents should be reported to the IT Helpdesk.