See what graduates from last year’s Social Work course at Glasgow Caledonian University went on to do after graduation (Destinations of Social Work graduates from DLHE survey 2011/12).
Graduate employers included the following companies:
East Ayrshire Council
Glasgow City Council
North Lanarkshire Council
South Lanarkshire Council
West Dunbartonshire Council
Guide to researching graduate vacancies:
- Please refer to our suite of leaflets which will assist you in your search for a graduate job, further study or placement. The leaflets also cover topics including Writing a CV, interview techniques and the application process which you may also find useful. All these leaflets are available from the Careers & Employability Centre, M015 George Moore Building, or can be downloaded from our website.
- Also look at the listings of graduate jobs in the vacancy section of our site. On average we receive over 30 new vacancies daily and we usually have over 500 graduate jobs, placements and part-time jobs advertised at any one time - be sure to check our website regularly.
- Register with the Careers Service and we will email you jobs matching your specified requirements as soon as they are advertised
Careers Service Presentations:
This is a copy of our presentation to BA and MSc Social Work students on from 8 April 2011: Career Paths for Social Work Applications
Applications and Interviews:
Local Government Jobs:
- Scottish Councils search for vacancies by keyword, council, job category, advert reference
- English Councils
- Northern Ireland see links section for list of council websites
- Wales - search by employer, category, salary; see also links for list of all Welsh local authorities
See professional body for advice, online communities and information
Charities and Voluntary Sector:
Please email us with other useful sites and we may add them to this list