See what graduates from last year’s Diagnostic Imaging Science and Radiation Oncology courses at Glasgow Caledonian University went on to do after graduation. The chart below shows how many graduates were employed, in further study & unemployed six months after graduation (the category ‘Others’ includes graduates who were either not available for employment, were taking time out, were starting a job the following month, or were doing something else).
Destinations of Radiography graduates from DLHE survey 2009/10
Further study: 1
Total 1st degree returns: 50
92% of graduates from our Radiography courses last year who responded to our survey were in employment 6 months after graduation – graduate employers included the following companies:
Ayrshire & Arran Health Board
Beatson Oncology Centre
Derbyshire Hospitals NHS Trust
NHS Greater Glasgow
Oxford Radcliffe Hospital
Guide to researching graduate vacancies:
- Specialist information for School of Health students is available in the Applications and Interviews section below
- Please refer to our suite of leaflets which will assist you in your search for a graduate job, further study or placement. The leaflets also cover topics including Writing a CV, interview techniques and the application process which you may also find useful. All these leaflets are available from the Careers & Employability Centre, M015 George Moore Building , or can be downloaded from our website.
- Also look at the listings of graduate jobs in the vacancy section of our site. On average we receive over 30 new vacancies daily and we usually have over 500 graduate jobs, placements and part-time jobs advertised at any one time - be sure to check our website regularly.
- Register with the Careers Service and we will email you jobs matching your specified requirements as soon as they are advertised.
Applications and Interviews:
- Health Jobs UK.com UK’s largest independent database of jobs in the health sector. Search by job title, county or employer.
- Jennie Reeves Recruitment - specialist recruitment agency for Radiography.
- Society of Radiographers - vacancy search facility. See also journal 'Synergy News', with information on vacancies, CPD and professional issues.
- Pulsestaffing - recruitment agency for specialist nursing and health care vacancies
The following websites are good starter sites for investigating this field, but they are not recruitment websites. See also relevant links & information from your own professional body website.
Medical equipment manufacturers and suppliers:
Other opportunities for Radiographers
There are also opportunities for radiographers to work in other areas including:
Please email us with other useful sites and we may add them to this list