Guide to researching graduate vacancies:
- Specialist information for School of Health students is available in the Applications and Interviews section below
- Please refer to our suite of leaflets which will assist you in your search for a graduate job, further study or placement. The leaflets also cover topics including Writing a CV, interview techniques and the application process which you may also find useful. All these leaflets are available from the Careers & Employability Centre, M015 George Moore Building, or can be downloaded from our website.
- Also look at the listings of graduate jobs in the vacancy section of our site. On average we receive over 30 new vacancies daily and we usually have over 500 graduate jobs, placements and part-time jobs advertised at any one time - be sure to check our website regularly.
- Register with the Careers Service and we will email you jobs matching your specified requirements as soon as they are advertised.
Applications and Interviews
- View our recent seminar on caec-nursing & midwifery- effective applications (Powerpoint presentation)
- View our recent seminar on caec-nursing & midwifery-interview techniques(Powerpoint presentation)
- caec-nursing & midwifery-personal statement
- caec-nursing & midwifery-CV & caec-nursing & midwifery-covering letter
- Interview Questions for: caec-nursing & midwifery-adult nursing interview questions caec-nursing & midwifery-child nursing interview questionscaec-nursing & midwifery-mental health interview questions;caec-nursing & midwifery-midwifery interview questions
- caec-nursing & midwifery- applications & interviews for Nurses & Midwives
- Applications, CVs and covering letters (www.prospects.ac.uk/links/Appforms & www.prospects.ac.uk/links/CVwriting)
- Making an impact: The Graduate Job Interview (AGCAS DVD)
- Your job’s online (AGCAS DVD)
See Professional body and NMC websites for advice/regulations information.
Charities and voluntary sector
There are also opportunities for nurses to work in other areas including Charities such as Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie
The following websites are good starter sites for investigating this field. They are not recruitment websites. See also relevant links & information from your own professional body website
Medical equipment/Pharmaceutical manufacturers & Medical Sales jobs
Nursing graduates use their medical experience in new contexts such as Sales/Nurse advisor (within pharmaceutical research).The following websites aregood starter sites for investigating companies/opportunities in this field. They are not recruitment websites. See also relevant links & information from your own professional body website.
Other opportunities for Nurses
There are also opportunities for nurses to work in other areas including: