The Careers Service is located in the Careers Centre, M015, Level 0 George Moore Building. Here you can attend the daily Careers Clinic and pre-arranged appointments, speak to careers information staff, use our resources and find a variety of take-away careers information.
Speak to an adviser
Our professionally qualified careers advisers can help with planning your career and study options, including advice on graduate job search, CVs and applications, job interviews and graduate selection tests. We offer a number of ways to speak to a careers adviser.
- Careers Clinic: the Careers Clinic is a 10 minute advice meeting with a careers adviser. Click here to view the clinic times this week.
- Careers appointment: speak with a careers adviser in some detail. Appointments are confidential and impartial, lasting approximately 30 minutes.
- CV and application review and feedback: we recommend that you get your CV, application form and personal statements reviewed before you send them to an employer. A careers adviser will review your CV and application form at a careers clinic session, or at a careers interview. Please remember to bring a printed copy of your CV and/or application form with you.
- Practice interviews: these give you the chance to practice your interview skills and receive feedback to help you prepare for forthcoming interviews. When making your appointment, you will be asked to supply a copy of your application form or CV in advance - please hand this in to the Careers Centre (or Base) two working days before your appointment. Practice interviews last up to 45 minutes (including feedback) and must be booked as well in advance as possible.
- Impartial, professional and accessible information and advice by email.
To make an appointment with a careers adviser:
- Visit us in the Careers Centre, M015, George Moore building, or go to The Base in the Saltire Centre. You can also telephone 0141 273 1000 (Base)