Magnus Magnusson Fund
The Magnus Magnusson Awards and Fellowship was set up in honour of the late Magnus Magnusson, former Chancellor and Ambassador of the University to recognise his passion for learning and knowledge, his contribution to Scottish education and in particular his contribution to GCU.
Each year the Magnus Magnusson Awards support and cultivate the ambitions and dreams of talented young people at GCU. To date, over £220,000 has been raised for the Magnusson Fund thanks to the generous contributions from alumni, friends and organisations supporting more than 50 awards for students to undertake projects such as:-
- developing a new child friendly plastercast material that can be removed without the use of a saw;
- build up a millinery business;
- bring healthcare to Cambodia and Ghana;
- teach English in Swaziland and
- travel to London 2012 to report on the Olympics
Find out more about the history of the fund from GCU Honorary Graduate and Honorary President of the Magnusson Fund, Sally Magnusson:-
You can name an award for £5,000 or make a smaller contribution to the general fund by donating via the following methods
- Magnusson Fund Regular Donation Form
- Call our office on +44(0)141 331 8218.
Completed donation forms should be returned to:
Development & Alumni Relations
Glasgow Caledonian University
William Harley Building, H217
Glasgow G4 0BE
To speak to someone about the Magnus Magnusson Fund in more detail, contact Nina Honeyman on +44 (0)141 273 1014.