Frequently Asked Questions about Development and Alumni Relations.

Who is considered an alumnus/a and how do I become one?

We consider an alumnus/a as someone who has studied at Glasgow Caledonian University or one of its founding institutions. This might include postgraduate, undergraduate, short courses or Continual Performance Development programmes.

Once you have studied or graduated from Glasgow Caledonian University you are automatically considered an alumnus/a from the University. Soon after graduation you will receive a welcome letter and magazine detailing the benefits and activities available for alumni.

I am a graduate and would like to use the gym facilities, do I get a discount?

Arc Gym Logo‌All graduates from Glasgow Caledonian University and its ‌ founding institutions are able to get discounted rates for use in the Arc Sports Centre. Remember to bring your old matriculation card or some evidence that you have studied at the University and you will be rewarded with a special alumni discount for use for the Arcs facilities. If you do not have your old matriculation card then don’t worry, staff members at the Arc will still be able to assist you. Alumni Arc Membership can be found here

I have just been offered a new job and my employers would like to see a transcript of subjects studied, how would I obtain a transcript?

Transcripts can be requested from the Examinations Office in the George Moore Building (M125). Initially you will have to complete the Academic Transcript request form. Once you have completed the form, please mail your form back to:

Examinations Office Glasgow Caledonian University Cowcaddens Road Glasgow G4 0BA.

I have lost my degree certificate, can I get a replacement?

Yes, we give replacement certificates only in exceptional circumstances, for example, if your certificate is damaged. We reserve the right to deny duplicate copies. To ask for one, you will have to complete a GCU replacement certificate request form and pay a fee of £50. Please mail all forms to:

Graduation and Awards Unit
Glasgow Caledonian University
Cowcaddens Road
G4 0BA.

If you graduated before 1993 with a CNAA/SQA award we unfortunately cannot give you a replacement certificate. You should contact the Open University Validation Services at www.open.ac.uk/validate or www.sqa.org.

I have moved house and would still like to receive GCU Alumni magazine, how do I update my address?

The easiest way to update your contact information is through our online update form. This is a simple and quick way of registering your new details which will allow us to continue sending you information from your university.

I have lost contact with some of my friends from university and would like to get back in touch with them. How can I contact them?

If you have lost touch with a friend from your student days then we can check our database to try and trace them for you. While we are unable to give out addresses for individuals (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998), we will happily forward mail on your behalf. Please contact Lindsey Becket, Alumni Relations Officer, on 0141 331 8769 or alumni@gcu.ac.uk

Shop with Amazon and help to support the GCU Brighter Futures Fund (no cost to you)