Three academic papers from the study have been published:
- Fontana, R.P., Milligan, C., Littlejohn, A., and Margaryan, A. (2015) Measuring self-regulated learning in the workplace. International Journal of Training and Development. 19 (1), 32-52.
Milligan, C., Fontana, R.P., Littlejohn, A., and Margaryan, A. (2015) Self-regulated learning behaviour in the finance industry. Journal of Workplace Learning. 27 (5) 387-402.
Some of the work was presented at the EARLI PD SIG Conference in Oslo:
- Milligan, C., Fontana, R. P., Littlejohn, A., and Margaryan, A. (2014) Self-Regulated learning in the financial services industry. 7th EARLI SIG 14 Conference, Oslo, Norway, 27-29 August 2014
- Extended Abstract
- Presentation (pptx with notes).
- This analysis is currently being prepared for publication.
Slightly more detailed analysis of this data was presented by Allison Littlejohn at the EDEN Research Workshop in Oxford, October 2014: slides.
We have also produced a number of other outputs for more general audiences:
- A revised 3 Page WLBK Case Study prepared for a presentation to Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments staff in October 2014. CISI were our main partners in the project, identfying study participants for us.
- The CISI CPD Slides prepared from a similar CISI event in 2013 link the study to the rest of our work on knowledge worker/workplace learning.
- Another summary, prepared for a lunch of Finance Org CEOs held in Glasgow in December 2013: CISI 031213
- Allison Littlejohn has written a comprehensive blogpost describing Ten things Autonomous Learners do differently.
- We are currently exploring the potential of turning the SRL survey instrument into a tool for CPD: Details.
The instruments used in the study are also available for others to use: