Caledonian Academy: vision and strategy to 2014
Caledonian Academy research focuses on Technology-Enhanced and Professional Learning. In developing and implementing a renewed research strategy, the Academy will build upon its key research achievements to date:
- Quality research of international level in technology-enhanced and professional learning (Our RAE2008 outcome was a major achievement for GCU, with 75% of our research output ranked as 3* or 2*. This outcome placed GCU, for the first time, as one of the leading Scottish Universities in Education research, attracting national and international talented staff and high-potential postgraduate students).
- Successful track-record of research collaboration with leading research centres and groups in high-ranking universities across the UK, Europe and Australasia (eg. Graz University of Technology, Catholic University of Leuven, University of Sydney, Tallinn University, Open University of the Netherlands, among others)
- Successful track record of research partnership, knowledge transfer and consultancy with a range of multinational corporations (Shell, ConocoPhillips, British Petroleum)
- Publications in impact rated, peer-reviewed journals
- A growing number of (international) postgraduate researchers (5 PhDs and 1ProfD Fellow).
Goals and targets
The Caledonian Academy has set goals and targets that focus its cutting-edge research activities on supporting the international research community and meeting standards of academic excellence.