Academic Quality and Development
The new Department of Academic Quality and Development within the Directorate of Learning and Student Experience will meet the evolving needs of the Schools and the University in terms of its three key areas:
- quality enhancement and quality assurance
- academic development
- educational research and evaluation
These needs will be aligned to the effective implementation of the SfL and achievement of the 2020 Strategic Goals, particularly that of Transforming Lives.
The following objectives will be achieved in each of these key areas:
- A robust academic development infrastructure to support staff to deliver an outstanding student learning experience at GCU.
- A robust and efficient quality management system to ensure the quality of the learning experience the University provides and its continual enhancement.
- Robust and systematic approaches to generating evidence, through impact evaluation and institutional and external educational research, to underpin enhanced approaches to, student engagement and learning and teaching.
The department is comprised of the following three teams;
Each team in the three areas will retain a distinct identity but with a strong interconnection to enable collaboration, joined -up approaches and evidence based policy and practice in learning, teaching and quality assurance and enhance to ensure a high quality student experience.